Reflexology Relaxation Treatments Brisbane
Relax, rebalance, restore, revitalise with Reflexology
Although Jess works on your feet and/or hands, Reflexology treatments relax you from head to toe.
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is based on the principle that certain parts of the body reflect the whole. Reflex points, which relate to all parts of the body, can be found in the feet, hands, face and ears. These points respond to pressure, stimulating the body’s own natural healing process. The body starts progressively clearing blockages, re-establishing energy flows and balances itself, resulting in better health. – Reflexology Association of Australia (RAoA) 2013
Treatments are deeply relaxing from head to toe, even though Jess works only on the feet, hands and/or face. Gentle stimulation of the reflex points, applying pressure and soothing massage techniques stimulates circulation, releasing tension and stress. This allows the body to return to homeostasis – a balanced natural state so it can better do what it is meant to do.
Reflexology has ancient origins and a rich history. A wide range of methods and approaches have been developed, and techniques evolve rapidly as therapists around the world develop and share their experiences and clinical findings.
Rainbow Wellness treatments are based on the Ingham Method, Diploma level studied on campus at Australian Institute of Applied Science (AIAS) Stones Corner, Brisbane QLD. This method was pioneered and developed in America in the 1930’s by the late Eunice Ingham, considered by most Reflexologists as the “Mother” of Reflexology. This method forms the basis of most modern reflexology treatments, applying a constant but gentle pressure by “thumb-walking” across the area of the foot being worked. Reiki and Seichim energy work is also incorporated into the treatment.
Post graduate studies include:
- Certificate in Advanced Maternity Reflexology Techniques (Mauricio Kruchik), The Israeli Forum of Reflexology
- Certificate in Reflexology for Pain Management (Mauricio Kruchik), The Israeli Forum of Reflexology
- Certificate in Reflex Therapy for Parkinson’s, Alzheimers and Dementia – Temprana Reflex Therapy and Sorensenistem Facial Reflex Therapy, The International Institute Lone Sorensen.
How Does Reflexology Work?
The exact physiological mechanisms of action are as yet unconfirmed, however various theories have been proposed. McCullough et al. (2014, p.2) summarise the most popular, evidence based theories for how Reflexology works:
- Haemodynamic – one of the earliest theories suggests that reflex stimulation enhances blood flow to the corresponding organ. Some evidence has been displayed to support this.
- Nerve impulse – stimulation of specific reflex points on the feet enhances nervous connection to the corresponding body parts. This suggests that benefits are bought about by modulation of the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS), and is believed to be the most promising theory by McCullough et al. (2014, p.2).
- Release of endorphins – Tiran (2011) suggests that reflexology may help to reduce pain, increase relaxation and feelings of wellbeing.
Reflexology is a complementary therapy suitable for all ages, levels of fitness and mobility, and pregnancy after the first trimester.
An increasing body of evidence based research demonstrates potential benefits including:
- Improved circulation
- Improved blood flow to organs
- Deep relaxation
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Reduced menstrual pain
- Reduce fatigue and improved sleep quality
- Reduced post-operative pain and anxiety
- Reduced pain, including lower back pain
- Reduction of pregnancy related symptoms – morning sickness, oedema, constipation, haemorrhoids, fatige, anxiety, carpal tunnel syndrome, lower back and pelvic pain
- Supports the birthing process – can reduce labour pain intensity and duration of labour
- Supports treatments for dementia, sleep quality in aged care, diabetes, breast cancer, migraines, PMS, and many other conditions exacerbated by stress.
- Jesse Woodside is a Professional Member #4552 of the Reflexology Association of Australia (RAoA), and Reiki Australia Accredited Treatment Practitioner #773 and uphold their code of ethics and professional conduct; and complies with the COAG National Code of Conduct for Healthcare Workers (QLD).
- Reflexologists do not diagnose, prescribe or treat specific conditions.
- Reflexology is not an alternative to prescribed medication or specialist medical care. Reflexology is a support tool to help you relax and better manage symptoms.
- Treatment for foot problems such as corns, calluses, bunions and ingrown toenails is not in the scope of practice of a Reflexologist and should be assessed and treated by a Podiatrist. We recommend Marie Whitfield Podiatry.
Your Reflexology Treatment
It’s all about you. We provide the place and facilitate deep relaxation to support your balance and natural healing.
Treatments are conducted while fully clothed, either seated or laying on your back on the massage table. Gentle pressure will be applied to your feet and/or hands with thumbs, fingers and knuckles to stimulate the corresponding areas of your body. The level of pressure is adjusted to suit the individual, but the focus is on relaxation – this is not deep tissue massage.
The 1 hour treatment is always holistic – all reflexes are worked, with those that need most given a little extra attention. You may choose foot Reflexology only, or to combine with face or hands.
Jess will include gentle holds that link reflexes together, with Reiki & Seichim to encourage and balance energy flow.
Cream, massage oil or organic corn starch will be applied, with or without pure essential oils – your individual needs and preferences will be discussed prior to commencing the treatment.
Treatment Price List
- 1hr appointment (consult & treatment) $80
- Foot Reflexology (Ingham method plus Kruchik advanced techniques) for maternity, pain relief, relaxation and general wellbeing
- Reflexology combination – select two areas: from feet (Ingham method) hands (Ingham method and Sorensenistem Temprana Reflex Therapy), or face (Sorensensitem Facial Reflex Therapy)
- Reiki and Foot Reflexology combination
- Triple Balance Treatment Pack $189 (save $51)
- Gift vouchers and pre-purchase available.
Reflexology Private Health Fund Rebates
Jess Woodside is a Professional Member (#4552) of the Reflexology Association of Australia (RAoA) Professional Member.
Rebate on Reflexology treatments may be available through some private health funds under extras / complementary therapies prior to 1Apr19. Check with your fund, and the current list here.
You will need to retain your receipt and lodge claim directly with your private health fund.
Location & times
** Due to anaphylaxis and ongoing moderate to severe symptoms, with cause/s under investigation, regrettably Jess is not able to offer treatments for an indefinite period of time. **
Self-care and support
For techniques you can use at home, click here.
Jess personally and professionally recommends the following practitioners:
- Reflexology, Reiki, Massage, yoga, kirtan: Yasmin Hassan, Solus Natural Therapies
- Japanese Cosmo Facelifting (Sorensensistem™), Ayuervedic Face Lifting Massage, Fertility & Maternity Reflexology, Reiki, and divine skin care products: Tracey Holland Reflexology, Camp Hill
Alternatively, to find accredited practitioners in your area, please use the directory search at:
Servicing 4068 Chelmer, Indooroopilly, Long Pocket and Taringa; 4105 Tennyson; 4075 Graceville, Sherwood, Corinda and Oxley; 4104 Yeronga & Yeronga East; Fairfield, Annerley, Moorooka and surrounding Brisbane suburbs.