Tea Tree 100% pure essential oil – 15mL
Extraction Method & Botanical Name:
Steam distillation – whole plant – Australian Melaleuca alterniflora
A strong, warm, bittersweet spicy odour. Top-middle note.
- Anti-microbial: broad spectrum activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Genitourinary: can be used in treatments for thrush, vaginitis, cystitis and pruritis.
- Immune system: powerful immunostimulant – increases the body’s ability to respond to any infection and assists recovery (Davis, 1999).
- Respiratory system: Recommended for the treatment of asthma, bronchitis, catarrh, coughs, sinusitis (Mojay 1996, Lawless 1992, and Lavabre 1997).
- Skin care: Recommended for the treatment of acne, athlete’s foot, blisters, burns, colds, dandruff, herpes, insect bites, oily skin rashes, warts and wounds (Lawless 1992, Lavabre 1997, and Schnaubelt 1995).
Worwood (1995, 2000)
- Diffusers: adults – 1-5 drops; infants & children – 0-2yrs 1-2 drops; 2-5yrs 1-3 drops; 6-10yrs 1-4 drops; 11yrs+ 1-5 drops.
- Humidifiers: infants & children of any age 1-4 drops per 500ml water.
- Room sprays: 10 drops per 250ml water (not suitable for use in rooms with infants under 3mths).
- Massage: dilutions per 30ml carrier oil – adult: 20-30 drops; infants & children – 2-6mths 1-3 drops; 1-4yrs 5-8 drops; 5-7yrs 5-10 drops; 8 – 12yrs 8-12 drops; 13+ 10-20 drops. Not suitable for newborn infants.
- Foot soak: 3 drops tea tree & 3 drop lavender + Epsom salts with warm water in a bucket or foot bath.
- Tinea/athlete’s foot: 1 drop each tea tree & lavender neat twice a day on affected area. Dilute in teaspoon coconut oil to minimise potential skin sensitivity.
- First aid: antiseptic cuts & grazes mix – 50 drops each lavender and tea tree. Add 10 drops of the mix to water used to wash the area, it will clean and help calm. Add 3 drops to a gauze dressing and let it dry before wrapping the wound, apply clean dressing twice a day. Apply 1 drop to dressing part of bandaid. Don’t apply neat to children’s skin, it will sting.
- Do not ingest. Avoid eye area. May be irritating on sensitive or chapped skin.
- This product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease and is not a replacement for treatment.
- The IAAMA and Rainbow Wellness do not promote the ingestion of essential oils.
- In Australia, ‘therapeutic doses’ of essential oils for internal ingestion may only be prescribed for an individual after a detailed consultation with a practising aromatherapist that has an advanced diploma in aromatic medicine, other ingestive modality with training in essential oils or medical qualifications and holds an insurance policy which specifically covers the internal ingestion and internal application of essential oils. Please refer to the IAAMA website to find your closest qualified aromatherapist.
- Usage: Aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance product.
Blends Well With:
Eucalyptus, ravensare, thyme, lavender, sandalwood.