Peppermint organic 100% pure essential oil – 15ml
Botanical Name & Origin
Mentha piperita, India
Extraction Method & Plant Part:
Steam distillation – whole plant
Fresh, strong, grassy minty with sweet undertones and a clean, dry top note.
Therapeutic Indications & Suggested Uses:
- Therapeutic actions: analgesic, antiseptic, digestive, expectorant, febrifuge, nervine.
- Muscular-skeletal: used in liniments and diluted in massage oils for relief of muscle and joint pain.
- Digestive system: one of the most effective essential oils for digestion, relieves nausea, stomach pains, diarrhoea and flatulence. Good for relieving travel sickness. Dilute 2 drops in 5ml carrier oil and rub on the stomach.
- Nervous system: stimulant, helps clear head and fatigue enabling concentration.
- Febrifuge & analgesic: cooling effect in feverish conditions. 1-2 drops on cold compress applied to forehead and temples may help relieve headaches and migraines.
- Respiratory system: beneficial for sinus congestion, infection, or inflammation – use in vaporiser blends and chest rubs.
- Skin care: use diluted 1% or less to relieve skin irritation or itch. Steam treatment to cleanse and decongest the skin.
- Do not use during pregnancy, contraindicated as it is an emmenagogue.
- Do not apply on, or near the face of children.
- Tisserand (2015) advises Peppermint should be avoided for children under 3yrs of age. Can be diffused, or used topically in a dilution of up to 0.5% total essential oil in a carrier.
- Keep out of reach of children, store in a cool, dark place.
- US FDA GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) as an additive for food & beverage flavouring and as a preservative in the commonly used amounts (1-3 drops, diluted, once per day).
- The IAAMA acknowledges that essential oils are used in very low doses for applications such as cooking, flavouring, mouth washes and throat sprays.
- The IAAMA and Rainbow Wellness do not promote the ingestion of essential oils.
- In Australia, ‘therapeutic doses’ of essential oils for internal ingestion may only be prescribed for an individual after a detailed consultation with a practising aromatherapist that has an advanced diploma in aromatic medicine, other ingestive modality with training in essential oils or medical qualifications and holds an insurance policy which specifically covers the internal ingestion and internal application of essential oils. Please refer to the IAAMA website to find your closest qualified aromatherapist.
- Usage: Aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance product.
- This product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease and is not a replacement for treatment.
BX871 best before 12/17
Blends Well With:
Bergamot, grapefruit, lemon, eucalyptus, lavender, marjoram, rosemary.
Worwood (1997) notes some may find the peppermint personality brash and overpowering. They have a fearless spirit, and are swift and quick thinkers. They are friendly people who are concerned about the fate of others. Whatever they take on, they are always dynamic and get totally involved.
Mojay (1999) enhances concentration and works on another level to facilitate digestion of new ideas. Beneficial for inspiration and insight.