Lime 100% organic pure essential oil – 15ml
Botanical Name & Origin
Citrus aurantifolia, produced by Citrojugo, Mexico
Extraction Method & Plant Part:
Cold pressed expression, fruit rind
Intensely fresh, sweet, rich citrus top note.
Main Chemical Components:
Limonene, citral, beta-pinene, terpinene.
Therapeutic Indications & Suggested Uses:
- Anti-microbial: may be beneficial for throat infections, colds and flus – blend and diffuse for an uplifting, clearing air freshener.
- Digestive system: as with most citrus oils, lime is considered a digestive tonic.
- Lymphatic system: Cold-pressed lime oil is a lymphatic stimulant and may be useful for fluid retention and cellulite. Blend and dilute in carrier oil for massage.
- Nervous system: Refreshing and uplifting – may support general fatigue, and help relieve apathy and anxiety.
- Diffuse 3-6 drops (Lime only, or blended with your favourites) to freshen the room and lift mood.
- Skin care: cold-pressed lime acts as an astringent, counteracting over-production of sebum – may be useful for oily skin, and has antibacterial properties that may be useful for treatment of acne.
- Cleaning: fresh scent, antiseptic, bactericide, disinfectant & insecticidal properties. Use in natural cleaning products.
- Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dark place.
- Potential skin irritant. Do not apply undiluted.
- Phototoxic – avoid sun for 12hrs after topical application as it increases skin sensitivity to UV rays.
- US FDA GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) as an additive for food & beverage flavouring and as a preservative in the commonly used amounts.
- Essential oils should not be taken internally. The IAAMA acknowledges that essential oils are used in very low doses for applications such as cooking, flavouring, mouth washes and throat sprays.
- The IAAMA and Rainbow Wellness do not promote the ingestion of essential oils.
- In Australia, ‘therapeutic doses’ of essential oils for internal ingestion may only be prescribed for an individual after a detailed consultation with a practising aromatherapist that has an advanced diploma in aromatic medicine, other ingestive modality with training in essential oils or medical qualifications and holds an insurance policy which specifically covers the internal ingestion and internal application of essential oils. Please refer to the IAAMA website to find your closest qualified aromatherapist.
- Usage: Aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance product.
- With the exception of Mandarin, citrus oils are not recommended for use other than in diffusers and room sprays for children under 2yrs of age (Worwood, 2000).
- This product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease and is not a replacement for treatment.
Blends Well With:
Rose, rosemary, lemon, eucalyptus, bergamot, grapefruit.
You Might Also Like:
The following Rainbow Wellness blends containing lime:
- Aligned* – a balancing, floral blend.
- Escape* – an uplifting, citrus blend – diffuse to positively influence your atmosphere and mood.
- Goddess* – a relaxing floral blend – add to your body cream for a gorgeous, natural perfume.
- Haven* – a relaxing citrus blend for diffuser, body and bath.
- Positive* – an uplifting, citrus blend – diffuse to promote a happy mood and environment.
* denotes 100% organic essential oil blend.