Grapefruit 100% organic pure essential oil – 15ml
Botanical Name & Origin
Citrus paradisi, USA
Extraction Method & Plant Part:
Cold pressed expression, fruit peel
Citrus, fresh, sweet but slightly sharp top note
Therapeutic Indications & Suggested Uses:
- Lymphatic system: stimulant, indicated for cellulitis, obesity and water retention. Use diluted in bath or massage blends.
- Nervous system: uplifting and reviving effect – used in treatments for stress, depression, and nervous exhaustion. Diffuse to sharpen focus while studying or reading.
- Skin care: beneficial for treating oily skin – add a drop to your moisturiser.
- Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dark place.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin, potential skin irritant.
- Increases skin photosensitivity – avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours if applying topically.
- US FDA GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) as an additive for food & beverage flavouring and as a preservative in the commonly used amounts.
- Essential oils should not be taken internally. The IAAMA acknowledges that essential oils are used in very low doses for applications such as cooking, flavouring, mouth washes and throat sprays.
- The IAAMA and Rainbow Wellness do not promote the ingestion of essential oils.
- In Australia, ‘therapeutic doses’ of essential oils for internal ingestion may only be prescribed for an individual after a detailed consultation with a practising aromatherapist that has an advanced diploma in aromatic medicine, other ingestive modality with training in essential oils or medical qualifications and holds an insurance policy which specifically covers the internal ingestion and internal application of essential oils. Please refer to the IAAMA website to find your closest qualified aromatherapist.
- Usage: Aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance product.
- With the exception of Mandarin, citrus oils are not recommended for use other than in diffusers and room sprays for children under 2yrs of age (Worwood, 2000).
- This product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease and is not a replacement for treatment.
Best before Apr 2018
Blends Well With:
Basil, bergamot, clary sage, neroli, peppermint, rosemary.
Diffuse, use in bath or massage blend diluted in 15ml bath gel/carrier oil/body cream
- 4 drops – Pink Grapefruit pure essential oil
- 2 drops – Ylang Ylang pure essential oil
- 1 drop – Geranium pure essential oil
- 2 drops – Bergamot pure essential oil
You Might Also Like:
The following Rainbow Wellness blends containing grapefruit:
- Aligned* – a balancing, floral blend.
- Haven* – a relaxing citrus blend for diffuser, body and bath.
- Renew – a vibrant citrus scent with underlying floral tones – reminiscent of a Spring day.
- Warmth – an aromatic, relaxing and comforting blend for bath and diffuser.
* denotes 100% organic essential oil blend.
Mojay (1996) cooling, cleansing, decongesting – beneficial for overheated liver and sluggish lymphatic system.
Worwood (1992) this oil is most suited to people who are tense, and have a tendency to ‘comfort eat’. The grapefruit personality is a warm, happy person who is bursting with energy, loves life and people.