Geranium organic 100% pure essential oil – 15ml
Extraction Method, Botanical Name & Origin:
Steam distillation – leaves- Pelargonium graveolens Egypt
Herbaceous, green, floral, sweet, dry middle note.
Therapeutic Indications & Suggested Uses:
Product use: aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance product.
- Integumentary system: antiseptic and astringent properties useful for treating wounds and bruises; anti-inflammatory for eczema, psoriasis. Has normalising action on sebum production, beneficial for balancing both dry and oily skin. Add a drop to your moisturiser.
- Lymphatic system: diuretic, stimulates lymphatic system, beneficial for treating cellulite, fluid retention and swollen ankles. Dilute and use in massage or bath.
- Nervous system: antidepressant, sedative – ‘the great balancer’ has a regulating effect. Use in bath, massage or vaporiser to relieve stress, nervous tension, depression & anxiety. Action is sedative and uplifting.
- Reproductive system: may stimulate adrenal cortex to aid hormonal regulation and balance. May be used to relieve premenstrual tension and menopause.
- Hair care: great for both dry and oily hair – apply a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner bottle, or make your own deep hair conditioner.
- Keep out of reach of children, store in a cool, dark place.
- Caution: potential interaction with anti-diabetic medication, drugs metabolised by CYP2B6
- Do not apply undiluted to skin, possible skin sensitivity.
- This product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease and is not a replacement for treatment.
- Usage: Aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance product.
- Essential oils should not be taken internally. The IAAMA acknowledges that essential oils are used in very low doses for applications such as cooking, flavouring, mouth washes and throat sprays.
- The IAAMA and Rainbow Wellness do not promote the ingestion of essential oils.
- In Australia, ‘therapeutic doses’ of essential oils for internal ingestion may only be prescribed for an individual after a detailed consultation with a practising aromatherapist that has an advanced diploma in aromatic medicine, other ingestive modality with training in essential oils or medical qualifications and holds an insurance policy which specifically covers the internal ingestion and internal application of essential oils. Please refer to the IAAMA website to find your closest qualified aromatherapist.
Best before 11/17
Blends Well With:
Bergamot, lemon grass, lavender.
Mojay – According to principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) geranium oil is cooling and moist. Clears the heat and strengthens the flow of Qi. Calm the mind, relax the body, ease frustration and irritability.
Worwood – mothering – create a sense of security and stability. Friendly, comforting, ability to wash away your tension and stress.
Mojay – ideal for the workaholic perfectionist who has forgotten imagination, intuition and sensory experience.