Eucalyptus Blue Mallee (Australia) organic 100% pure essential oil
Extraction Method & Botanical Name:
Eucalyptus polybractea – steam distilled leaves
Sweet, camphoraceous, airy – uplifting & purifying.
Blends Well With:
Lemon, Lavender, Bergamot, Rosemary, Lime and Cedarwood essential oils.
Main Chemical Components:
1,8-cineole, pinene, terpinene-4-ol
Benefits & Suggested Uses:
- Respiratory system:
- Diffuse: three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Steam inhalation – while showering, place a few drops in the hands, place over nose and inhale deeply to clear the mind and promote clear breathing.
- Chest & foot rub – mix with a carrier oil or balm and rub on to assist with clear breathing.
- Household cleaning: combine with Lemon and Peppermint (30-50 drops total) in water a 200mL spray bottle for an effective cleaning spray.
- Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dark place (flammable liquid).
- Do not ingest or apply undiluted to skin. Possible skin sensitivity. Do not apply neat and avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Do not apply to or near the face of infants or children under the age of 10yrs.
- Tisserand (2015) advises Eucalyptus can be diffused and used topically in dilutions of up to 0.5% total essential oil in a carrier for children under 3yrs, and 1% for children 3-6yrs.
- The IAAMA acknowledges that essential oils are used in very low doses for applications such as cooking, flavouring, mouth washes and throat sprays.
- The IAAMA and Rainbow Wellness do not promote the ingestion of essential oils.
- In Australia, ‘therapeutic doses’ of essential oils for internal ingestion may only be prescribed for an individual after a detailed consultation with a practising aromatherapist that has an advanced diploma in aromatic medicine, other ingestive modality with training in essential oils or medical qualifications and holds an insurance policy which specifically covers the internal ingestion and internal application of essential oils. Please refer to the IAAMA website to find your closest qualified aromatherapist.
- Usage: Aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance product.
- This product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease and is not a replacement for appropriate medical treatment.
Best before: 06/18
- Common cold massage – 1 drop lemon, 2 drops eucalyptus, 3 drops rosemary diluted in 10ml carrier oil. Massage around the chest, neck and sinus area (forehead, nose & cheekbones – avoid the eyes).
- Heat cramps leg massage – 2 drops geranium, 3 drops eucalyptus diluted in 10ml carrier oil.
- Disinfectant wash – 2 drops lavender, 4 drops thyme, 2 drops eucalyptus in a bowl of water.
- Sandfly bites – 10 drops lavender, 10 drops eucalyptus, 10 drops thyme diluted in 50ml carrier oil.
- Back pain massage – 10 drops lavender, 10 drops ginger, 10 drops eucalyptus diluted in 50ml carrier oil.
- Burn-out reviver blend – diffuse, use 4-6 drops in bath or shower, use 2-3 drops in a foot bath, or dilute in 50ml carrier oil for massage. 5 drops lavender, 8 drops eucalyptus, 7 drops grapefruit, 4 drops rosemary.