Cypress 100% pure essential oil – 15ml
Extraction Method & Plant Part:
Steam distilled, leaf/nut/stem
Producer & Origin:
Clean, fresh, woody, camphorous
Therapeutic Indications & Suggested Uses:
Battaglia (2003, p.191-192)
- Circulatory System: supports localised blood flow; used for varicose veins and oedema.
- Musculoskeletal System: often used in massage blends to sooth tight, tense muscles.
- Reproductive System: menstrual regulator, may relieve painful periods, and can be useful for hot flushes during menopause.
- Respiratory System: Assists with clear breathing; can be effective in blends (chest & foot rubs, diffuser or steam inhalation) for bronchitis and chronic coughs.
- Skincare: antiseptic and astringent; beneficial for oily skin conditions and excessive perspiration.
- Add 1-2 drops to 5ml facial moisturiser, body cream or shower gel.
- Foot bath: disperse 2-3 drops in 5ml full fat milk, bath gel or carrier oil and soak feet that sweat excessively
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Flammable liquid.
- Refrigerate to avoid oxidisation. Possible skin sensitisation if oxidised (Tisserand & Young, 2014)
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Do not ingest. Essential oils should not be taken internally. The IAAMA acknowledges that essential oils are used in very low doses for applications such as cooking, flavouring, mouth washes and throat sprays.
- The IAAMA and Rainbow Wellness do not promote the ingestion of essential oils.
- In Australia, ‘therapeutic doses’ of essential oils for internal ingestion may only be prescribed for an individual after a detailed consultation with a practising aromatherapist that has an advanced diploma in aromatic medicine, other ingestive modality with training in essential oils or medical qualifications and holds an insurance policy which specifically covers the internal ingestion and internal application of essential oils. Please refer to the IAAMA website to find your closest qualified aromatherapist.
- Usage: Aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance product.
- This product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease and is not a replacement for treatment.
Blends Well With:
Lemon, Cedarwood, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Grapefruit.