Clearing organic essential oil blend – 15mL
Aromatic profile & description:
A fresh, clean, aromatic blend to support the respiratory system.
Antiseptic, antimicrobial, and decongestant properties can help support recovery from colds, flus and sinusitis; and assist in reducing viral spread.
Cedarwood Atlas*, Peppermint*, Lemon*, Eucalyptus*
- Atlas Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantic)* – warm, sweet, balsamic and woody, similar to Sandalwood. Helps balance the body, ease respiratory complains, and is great tonic for oily skin and hair. Precaution – avoid topical application during pregnancy.
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita)*– fresh, strong, grassy and minty top note that stimulates body and mind, warms yet cools, and is an effective analgesic, antiseptic and decongestant. Precaution – avoid topical application during pregnancy; do not apply on or near the face of children under 10yrs of age.
- Lemon (Citrus limonum)* – bright, clean and fresh, a tonic, astringent, antimicrobial and diuretic. Precaution – increases skin photosensitivity.
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)* – fresh, camphoraceous, uplifting and purifying. Decongestant, analgesic, and antiseptic.Precaution – do not apply on or near the face of children under 10yrs of age.
* denotes 100% organic pure essential oil.
- Diffusers: adults – 1-5 drops; infants & children – 0-2yrs 1-2 drops; 2-5yrs 1-3 drops; 6-10yrs 1-4 drops; 11yrs+ 1-5 drops
- Humidifiers: infants & children of any age 1-4 drops per 500ml water.
- Room sprays: 10 drops per 250ml water (not suitable for use in rooms with infants under 3mths).
- Massage: dilutions per 30ml carrier oil or 30g balm – adult: 20-30 drops; infants & children – 2-6mths 1-3 drops; 1-4yrs 5-8 drops; 5-7yrs 5-10 drops; 8 – 12yrs 8-12 drops; 13+ 10-20 drops. Apply as a rub to chest, back and feet. Not suitable for infants (Worwood, 2001).
- Tisserand (2015) advises Eucalyptus can be diffused and used topically in dilutions of up to 0.5% total essential oil in a carrier for children under 3yrs, and 1% for children 3-6yrs. Peppermint is best avoided for children under 3yrs, and can be diffused and used topically in dilutions of up to 0.5% total essential oil in a carrier for children 3-6yrs.
- Do not apply Eucalyptus or Peppermint on or near the face of infants or children under the age of 10yrs (Tisserand & Young, 2014).
- Keep out of reach of children, store in a cool, dark place.
- Do not ingest or apply neat. Avoid eye area.
- This product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease and is not a replacement for treatment.
- Usage: Aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance product.
- Essential oils should not be taken internally. The IAAMA acknowledges that essential oils are used in very low doses for applications such as cooking, flavouring, mouth washes and throat sprays.
- The IAAMA and Rainbow Wellness do not promote the ingestion of essential oils.
- In Australia, ‘therapeutic doses’ of essential oils for internal ingestion may only be prescribed for an individual after a detailed consultation with a practising aromatherapist that has an advanced diploma in aromatic medicine, other ingestive modality with training in essential oils or medical qualifications and holds an insurance policy which specifically covers the internal ingestion and internal application of essential oils. Please refer to the IAAMA website to find your closest qualified aromatherapist.