Clary Sage 100% pure essential oil
Botanical Name, Origin & Extraction Method:
Salvia sclarea, Russia, steam distilled flowering tops and leaves
Heady, almost nutty scent, combination of herbaceous and floral. Sedative – relaxing and warming, slightly euphoric, eases nerves and tension. Warming, restoring, harmonising – soothes and grounds. Can be beneficial for PMS and cramping.
Indications & Suggested Uses:
Battaglia (2003, p188-189)
Anti-depressant, antispasmodic, deodorant, emmenagogue, hypotensive, nervine, sedative, tonic
- Nervous system: euphoric, sedative, balancing – calms the mind and eases nervous tension.
- Reproductive system: can be beneficial for regulating menstruation, reducing cramps, help relief menopausal symptoms, muscle relaxant beneficial during labour.
- Skin care: suggested for excessive sweating, oily skin and greasy hair as it regulates sebum.
- Use in massage, skin and hair care, diffuser, inhalation, bath.
Blends Well With:
Bergamot, Basil, Jasmine, Lavender, Rosemary, Geranium
- Usage: Aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance product.
- Store in a cool, dark place. Keep out of reach of children.
- This product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease and is not a replacement for treatment.
- Pre-cautions: oestrogenic; contra-indicated during pregnancy as it is an emmenagogue.
- The IAAMA and Rainbow Wellness do not promote the ingestion of essential oils.
- In Australia, ‘therapeutic doses’ of essential oils for internal ingestion may only be prescribed for an individual after a detailed consultation with a practising aromatherapist that has an advanced diploma in aromatic medicine, other ingestive modality with training in essential oils or medical qualifications and holds an insurance policy which specifically covers the internal ingestion and internal application of essential oils.
- Please refer to the IAAMA website to find your closest qualified aromatherapist.