Bergamot organic 100% pure essential oil – 15ml
Botanical Name & Extraction Method :
Citrus aurantium var. bergami – cold pressed fruit rectified by distillation – bergapten free
Producer & Origin:
Light, fresh, citrus top note
Therapeutic Indications & Suggested Uses:
- Product Use: aromatherapy fragrance product
- Nervous system: – uplifts and restores; can help to calm tension and stress
- Diffuse 3-4 drops
- Dilute 3 drops in 5ml carrier oil or body balm
- Dilute a total of 6 drops in 10ml carrier oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Skin care: can be purifying and cleansing, helping with oily skin conditions and promoting a smooth, clear complexion while having a calming effect.
- Add a 1-2 drops to your cleanser and moisturiser, and/or your bath & shower gel.
- Keep out of reach of children. Flammable liquid.
- Refrigeration recommended to avoid oxidisation (Tisserand & Young, 2014)
- US FDA GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) as an additive for food & beverage flavouring and as a preservative in the commonly used amounts.
- Essential oils should not be taken internally. The IAAMA acknowledges that essential oils are used in very low doses for applications such as cooking, flavouring, mouth washes and throat sprays.
- The IAAMA and Rainbow Wellness do not promote the ingestion of essential oils.
- In Australia, ‘therapeutic doses’ of essential oils for internal ingestion may only be prescribed for an individual after a detailed consultation with a practising aromatherapist that has an advanced diploma in aromatic medicine, other ingestive modality with training in essential oils or medical qualifications and holds an insurance policy which specifically covers the internal ingestion and internal application of essential oils. Please refer to the IAAMA website to find your closest qualified aromatherapist.
- Usage: Aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance product.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin. (Note as this is bergapten free this oil is not phototoxic, however skin sensitivities are possible.
- With the exception of Mandarin, citrus oils are not recommended for use other than in diffusers and room sprays for children under 2yrs of age (Worwood, 2000).
- This product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease and is not a replacement for treatment.
Best before 2/18
Blends Well With:
Basil, Jasmine, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Cedarwood and Rose.