What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a complementary therapy and holistic approach tailored to individual needs that uses essential oils topically in a diluted form, or inhaled to help reduce the symptoms of common ailments and support body, mind and spirit.
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are highly concentrated, volatile, evaporative, and oil soluble liquids extracted from plant parts via distillation or cold expression. Their unique, natural chemical composition defines the aroma, therapeutic properties and suitability for use in food, medicine and cosmetics.
Caution – when you are purchasing a ‘scented’ product, check that you are purchasing the real thing! Scents may be imitated, but not so the therapeutic properties.
When used correctly, essential oils complement medical and pharmaceutical treatment, and can help manage symptoms, and support:
- mood disorders
- reproductive issues
- ENT infections
- bronchitis and respiratory conditions
- autoimmune disease including rheumatoid arthritis and ulcerative colitis
- digestive disorders
- aches and pains including arthritis
- skin conditions
Essential oil safety
- Rainbow Wellness owner and therapist Jesse Woodside is insured for the sale of, and use of essential oils during treatments. Jesse is currently studying a combined Certificate IV/Diploma of Aromatherapy, is a student member of the International Aromatherapy and Aromatic Medicine Association (IAAMA), adheres to their Code of Practice and upholds the Code of Ethics.
- The IAAMA does not promote the ingestion of essential oils. In Australia, ‘therapeutic doses’ of essential oils for internal ingestion may only be prescribed for an individual after a detailed consultation with a practising Aromatherapist that has an advanced diploma in aromatic medicine, other ingestive modality with training in essential oils or medical qualifications and holds an insurance policy which specifically covers the internal ingestion and internal application of essential oils.
- The IAAMA acknowledges that essential oils are used in very low doses for applications such as cooking, flavouring, mouth washes and throat sprays.
- Please refer to the IAAMA website to find your closest qualified Aromatherapist.
- Application is for aromatherapy and cosmetic fragrance products.
- Essential oils should not be applied neat, that is undiluted to the skin unless prescribed by a professional Aromatherapist.
- Essential oils are not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be considered a replacement for appropriate medical care. Rather, they are complementary and supportive – for an integrated, holistic approach to wellbeing.
- If you are pregnant, or have a medical condition, please consult your GP, specialist, or a qualified Aromatherapist prior to use.
- In addition to IAAMA fact sheets, guidelines on our website (taken from expert sources), refer to qualified, expert, unbiased sources (such as Tisserand & Young; Battaglia; Price & Price) for safety advice.
- Robert Tisserand, author and world renowned, independent consultant on essential oil safety responds to queries on ingestion and topical application here.
- Please remember that less is more, especially when it comes to infants and children. For use with little ones, you may be interested to read this blog post, and the comments.
- Store in a cool, dark place with caps firmly tightened to avoid oxidisation. Keep out of reach of children.
Rainbow Wellness essential oils
Our commitment to quality
Sourcing and selection
Rainbow Wellness hand pick the best of the therapist grade essential oils to use in our treatments, in our homes and make available to our family, friends and customers.
We choose to purchase ingredients from reputable Australian wholesalers who not only specialise in sourcing the very best of certified organic and 100% pure essential oils available worldwide, but are also committed to quality control, with rigorous standards and focus on sustainable environmental practices and ethical supply chain management.
- 100% pure essential oil – our five star ranges of blends and singles, sourced from carefully chosen international suppliers. Each of the ingredients and products on our list has undergone rigorous selection criteria at each stage, followed by batch to batch quality control processes and then in house quality control and technical data assessment. All of this happens before we bottle. This, plus the depth of detail and availability of technical data, certifications and declarations gives us complete confidence that the products we bottle and blend are of the highest quality.
- Organic 100% pure essential oils – these are the top of the range, 6 star essential oil bends and singles unsurpassed in their quality and aromatic vibrancy. Ingredients are grown and processed without the use of synthetic chemicals and fertilisers, by producers who focus on environmentally sustainable practices through soil and land health, and balanced eco-systems. These oils are produced from the named Botanical species, from a single origin, with the method of extraction specified – there is no dilution or adulteration. Fully traceable supply lines and batch management systems guarantee purity and authenticity.
The Rainbow Wellness essential oil product range
Proudly introducing the Rainbow Wellness range of 6 star organic, and 5 star 100% pure essential oil blends and singles:
- Blends: Aligned*, Calm, Clearing*, Comfort*, Energy, Escape*, Goddess*, Haven*, Mindful*, Pamper*, Peace*, Positive*, Reassure*, Relief, Renew, Revitalise, Romantic, Serene*, Sleepy, Support*, Wellbeing
- Singles: Bergamot*, Atlas Cedarwood, Clary Sage*, Cypress, Eucalyptus Blue Mallee*, Frankincense, Geranium*, Ginger*, Pink Grapefruit*, Juniper Berry, True Lavender (Bulgaria)*, True Lavender (France), Lemon*, Lime*, Red Mandarin*, Sweet Orange*, Palmarosa*, Peppermint*, Petitgrain, Rosemary*, Tangerine, Tea Tree
* Denotes organic 100% pure essential oil.
Each oil has been carefully selected, bottled and labelled by hand, with love.
We are proud to share these products with you, will continue to grow the range, and expand into affordable, organic skincare products using these high quality essential oils.